Thursday, October 22, 2015

First Podcast of AHS 1992 Alumni: Scott Belzer Interviewing Spenser Villwock


As part of the in-depth Ames High School Class of 1992 podcast interview series, led by Scott Belzer, is the first beta run interview with Spenser Villwock.  

Again, these interviews are raw, truthful, honest, and open.

It is a no-holds-barred view of growing up in Smalltown, USA with some of the greatest people and greatest memories that a person could ask for.

We are excited about this project and hope it resonates with you, as well. The feedback received thus far has been great. Take a listen to the interviews and let us know what you think.


Intro from Scott Belzer, Interview Extraordinaire:

"Hello everyone and welcome to the Ames High Class of 92 podcast. Welcome to all the Little Cyclones out there, I'm very glad you can join us on this venture of getting to know our classmates and friends a little bit better and hearing their life's journey, from our little corner of the world, Ames Iowa.

A little background, I got this idea a few weeks ago after being reminded by RenĂ©e Ripp that I had volunteered my services to help plan a destination reunion for our 25th coming up in two years. After talking to a few people about the reunion I got the idea of interviewing our fellow classmates to really understand the many different journeys we all took from Ames Senior High school to where we are now. I am always interested in people's stories because all of us have a story to tell. And our experiences and adventures are far more interesting and valuable than we give them credit.

These first podcasts are really just a trial run, an experiment if you will to see if there is interest in hearing and participating in these interviews. If there is I plan to interview any and all of you who are willing to share their story. I want to leave no one out and will reach out to all of you if this works. It all depends really, on your feedback. And whatever feedback you give please make sure it’s positive and constructive. No bad vibes wanted here. 

The last thing I’ll say before I introduce my guest is that I’m looking for complete honesty in these interviews. No posing or posturing, just a conversation between two old classmates who want to get to know each other better. That’s all this is.

When I came up with this idea, I immediately knew who I would want to interview first: The coolest hippie in our class, Spenser Villwock. I have known Spencer since grade school and I have kept up with he and his family over these last several years. I chose him because he has lived in several different parts of the world and has gone on numerous adventures, many of them involve a bicycle. I also quite admire and respect him as a man, a father, a husband and a friend. Spenser, Welcome brother, good to talk to you."

Here is Spenser's podcast interview with Scott, taken in summer 2015:




 Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment