Monday, October 19, 2015

Ames High School Class of 1992 Podcast Interview Series

Below is an introduction from Scott Belzer, Ames High School class of 1992 Alum, on his concept of reconciling our youth through in-depth interviews on a podcast series with fellow classmates.

The net result has been transformative for many, to say the least.

Scott writes:

I want to share with you all a project I have embarked on involving our class of 92. I got an idea a couple of months ago, to create a podcast where I would interview our fellow classmates about their experiences in high school and their journey from graduation 23 years ago to present day. I have recorded two podcasts already with Spenser Villwock and Renee Ripp, and I’ve got to tell you, they were a blast to interview! I learned a great deal about each of them and was so impressed with the openness and honesty with which they shared their lives. The links to each interview are below. 

I’m completely fascinated with what all of you have done with yourselves since graduating. I love hearing other’s life journeys, and understand what lessons and experiences they’ve gathered along the way. All of us have a story to tell, and our experiences and adventures are far more interesting and valuable than we give them credit.

These first podcasts are a trial run, an experiment if you will, to see if there is interest in hearing and participating in them. If there is, I plan to interview any and all of you who are willing to share your story. I want to leave no one out and will reach out to all of you if this works. It all depends really, on your feedback. And whatever feedback you give please make sure it’s positive and constructive.

Let me say a couple things about the podcasts themselves. First, these podcasts will be long. The interviews are conversations about our lives over the last several years, so there is a lot of information we cover. I won’t edit them down much because I don’t want to take away from anyone’s story. 

Second, as I mentioned above, these podcasts will be conversations between classmates about our lives and are meant to be fun and enjoyable. I want to hear all about each of your journeys since our days wandering the halls of Ames High, but I also want everyone to feel completely comfortable sharing. I’m looking for open and honest conversations, however, I am not out to embarrass anyone or make them look foolish.  

I’m excited about this project and hope it resonates with some of you. 

Scott Belzer


AHS Class of 1992

No comments:

Post a Comment